A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, December 12, 2016

Monday miscellany - 12Dec16

Time sure has flown - only 3 weeks left in 2016!

What I've been reading... I'm on page 323 of 672 in Brandon Sanderson's _Arcanum Unbounded_, and I'm toward the end of the "Mistborn: Secret History" novella. I've read that one before as well, but just as with "The Emperor's Soul", I'm noticing details that I'd missed before. I'm sure I'll take at least another week to finish it.

What I've been crafting... I'm at 30% on the Star of Donegal afghan, which is shaping up fairly quickly now that I've figured out the pattern. I'm also continuing to make progress on the angel in the magi panel on Marbek Nativity - the angel has a halo, hair, and half of its wings now.

Fumbling toward fitness... My progress was comparable to last week's - I made it to Curves thrice, and did 213 minutes on the treadmill for 10.65 miles. I also had a weigh-in, and am officially down 3 pounds since the beginning of the "No Gain" challenge. I have several work lunches coming up, though, so hopefully those 3 pounds will stay off!

One Little Victory A 3-pound loss in the midst of a busy holiday season is definitely a victory, one that came with associated small losses off my waist and hips. Definitely a step toward getting healthier!

No comments: