A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, August 06, 2012

WIPocalypse now - early August update



I'm late, I'm late, for a WIPocalypse update! (Ok, so I'm not the white rabbit...)

Yet another month of not enough stitching. Between a short vacation to Toronto, playing DD's chauffeur, and general attacks of life, there isn't as much progress as I perhaps would have liked.

One of the first things I did do this month was to item-finish TW Needle Guardian. With a clear passport cover and a cut of fabric from the quilting section, I converted it to a rather functional needlebook.
TW Needle Guardian needlebook
(Click for larger image)

In fact, the needlebook is seeing use for my work on Chatelaine's Convent Herbal Garden. I'm up to 42 hours:
Convent Herbal Garden at 42 hours
(Click for larger image)

This is coming along quite nicely when I do sit down and stitch on it, and I enjoy working on it.

Since CHG has been fun and there are sections where I only need to time a fourth of what I do (since the same thing is repeated 3 more times), I haven't done much on Papillon Creations "Around the World in 80 Stitches":.
Around the World in 80 Stitches - Papillon Creations
(Click for larger image)

It is fun as well, and what I can see of the mystery so far does look pretty. And I will eventually finish both, but probably not in 2012!


I may not be making much stitching progress, but I am up to 80 consecutive days on the treadmill, before tonight. According to iFit, I've logged 84 miles over 36.5 miles. Not the fastest pace, but it's moving.


And if I keep moving, maybe I'll actually be on time for the next WIPocalypse update at the end of this month!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Great updates, and so jealous that you finally got to start Around the World. With all the "Attacks of Life" that have been in my world, I hope to reward myself with a new start on it this weekend. :-)

Karoline said...

They are looking lovely, nice progress