A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, June 04, 2012

WIPocalypse now - June update



Wow. Almost halfway through the year, and already hurricane season. 2012 is certainly flying by!

It's also time for the June WIPocalypse update. Most of this month was spent on Marbek Nativity. I'm up to 91 hours on it:
Marbek Nativity at 91 hours
(Click for larger image)

I had said I would stop work on this at Pentecost (27 May this year), but I continued working on it until 2 June because I couldn't just leave the poor shepherd half-finished. He is done now, though, and I've put this aside until after Thanksgiving.

Once I finished the shepherd and stowed Nativity safely away, I promptly resumed work on Chatelaine's Convent Herbal Garden. Well, where "promptly" has been a mere hour of progress over the past day or so, for a total of 28:
Convent Herbal Garden at 28 hours
(Click for larger image)

I am looking forward to making a fair bit of progress on this over the next lunar month!

Another thing I'm looking forward to this month is finishing Needle Guardian. This sassy fellow is shaping up quite beautifully.
Teresa Wentzler - Needle Guardian
(Click for larger image)

I've mostly been working on him during gaming, and hockey-game watching, so he hasn't flown by quite so much.

I may also start Papillon Creation's "Around the World in 80 Stitches" this coming month, so look for a possible update there as well.

Assuming the hurricanes keep away.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Love your projects.

Kielrain said...

Lovely work. The nativity one is looking great.

Anonymous said...

great progress and I love the colours of your dragon

Paisley said...

Great progress! I bet the shepherd is happy you decided to finish him!

Karoline said...

They're all looking great