A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Thursday, March 08, 2012

WIPocalypse now - March update



Another full moon means it's time for another WIPocalypse update! Between work and attacks of life, my stitching is maintaining a fairly glacial pace.

At last writing, I was focusing primarily on Chatelaine's "Convent Herbal Garden". I'm now at 27 hours:
Chatelaine - Convent Herbal Garden at 27 hours
(Click for larger picture)


That's been put aside for a while. It's now Lent and I've shifted focus back to MarBek "Nativity", now at 40 hours:
MarBek Nativity at 40 hours(Click for larger picture)
The Magi is still on the fabric - he's just Sir Not-Appearing-in-this-Update because the smaller image with him in didn't compress well.

I'm also continuing with canvaswork for those times I want to stitch but am not really situated to work on something timed. Needle Delights "Amethyst" has grown quite a bit since last update, but I'm still far from done:
Needle Delights - Amethyst(Click for larger picture)
Caron Watercolors "Bark" is shaping up much prettier than I would have thought from the model picture - I'm very happy with how this is coming together.

My goals for next update are to have Amethyst done and have at least another 10-15 hours in on Nativity. We'll see if it actually works out that way!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Two lovely cross stitch projects, and your canvas work is beautiful!

Cathy said...

All of your projects are beautiful!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Love all your WIPs! Needle Delights is one of my favorite designers.

Christine S said...

Awesome progress on your projects, Belinda!!

robindefender said...

Everything is looking really pretty. Great progress!

Karen said...

Great progress. WOW. The colors in Convent are so beautiful. I never realized that. You're tempting me...

Jan said...

Everything looks just gorgeous. Nice work.

Unknown said...

I really like the colors on your canvas work.

Hugs Yvon.

Veronica said...

Gorgeous WiPs. Convent Herbal Garden's over one center is so pretty!

Hugs,
Veronica.