Another food meme making the rounds...
01. CHEESE or CHOCOLATE? Depends on both the cheese and the chocolate - Dark European chocolate will beat cheese hands-down 95% of the time. Good cheese will beat American chocolate hands-down. Come to think of it, anything better than orangish squares masquerading as 'cheese' (or 'cheese food') will beat American chocolate....
02. BLUEBERRIES or STRAWBERRIES? Blueberries, if I can't have raspberries. Although strawberries are a lot easier to dip in chocolate!
03. COFFEE or TEA? Tea, mostly. Coffee must have real cream or milk; none of that powdered dreck.
04. CORN MUFFIN or ENGLISH MUFFIN? Depends on which meal. English muffins for breakfast, corn muffins most other times.
05. PANCAKES or FRENCH TOAST? Pancakes
06. YOGURT or CREAM CHEESE? Yogurt, preferably raspberry with the fruit on the bottom.
07. RICE or PASTA? Pasta. Although I'm discovering that risottos or brown rice can be quite tasty.
08. CAKE or PIE? In general, pies. I'm particular about the types of cake I like.
09. GROUND BEEF or GROUND TURKEY? Both - I tend to only use ground meats in chili.
10. HOT DOGS or HAMBURGERS? Burger. With bacon!
11. JELLY or MARMALADE? Jelly, although I prefer preserves to jellies.
12. AMERICAN CHEESE or SWISS CHEESE? Swiss. See #1.
13. DIET SODA or NO SODA? No soda - the vast majority of available diet sodas have aspartame, which disagrees horribly with me. Although if they ever come out with a Diet Dr. Pepper with Splenda....
14. LEMONADE or ICED TEA? Iced tea, usually unsweetened.
15. CHERRIES or GRAPES? Cherries, usually.
16. CHOCOLATE QUIK or STRAWBERRY QUIK? They still make Quik??
17. WAFFLES or PANCAKES? Waffles!
18. WHITE BREAD or WHOLE-GRAIN/WHEAT BREAD? Whole-grain or wheat. Much tastier.
19. PEAS or CARROTS? Both. Carrots are easier to snack on though.
20. PUDDING or FRUIT-FLAVORED GELATIN? Pudding, if it's chocolate or tapioca. Banana pudding is evil (nasty, and often mistaken for vanilla on buffets)
21. COLD CEREAL or HOT CEREAL? Hot cereal. Cream of wheat is a guilty pleasure sometimes.
22. KETCHUP or MUSTARD? Deli mustard!
23. MUSTARD or MAYONNAISE? Mustard. Mayo is nasty.
24. MAYONNAISE or KETCHUP? Ketchup, if I must have one of those. Mayo is nasty.
25. BLACK OLIVES or GREEN OLIVES? Black olives.
26. ONION or GARLIC? Onion - I love garlic, but it has some unpleasant side effects.
27. PLAIN BARBECUE or BARBECUE WITH SAUCE? Both. Meat + pit = yum! Especially if we're talking ribs...
28. SCRAMBLED EGGS or FRIED EGGS? Scrambled, please!
29. EGGS or EGG REPLACEMENTS? The real thing, please.
30. MEAT or VEGETABLES? Depends on the particular meat and veg I'm having to choose between. Perhaps a very slight leaning toward vegetables, because I can eat more of them and still get fewer calories.
31. CHINESE TAKE-OUT or PIZZA? Chinese take-out. Haven't been in much of a pizza mood for years.
32. SUSHI or DELI SANDWICH? Sushi!
33. WHITE CLAM CHOWDER or RED CLAM CHOWDER? White, definitely! Not fond of the red kind.
34. KEY LIME PIE or LEMON MERANGUE PIE? Key lime
35. PIE & ICE CREAM or CAKE & ICE CREAM? If I have to combine ice cream and pastry, make it pie.
36. WHIPPED CREAM or CAKE FROSTING? Whipped cream. Most cake frostings are way too sickly-sweet.
37. HONEY or MAPLE SYRUP? Real maple syrup on pancakes. Honey for anything else.
14 hours ago