A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Friday, October 06, 2006

The jukebox in my head...

I've seen this song meme floating around, but having 'officially' been tagged by WhizGidget, I really ought to answer it myself.

Here are the rules:
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether or not they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.


Oh, let's see. Hard to pick just 7, since I'm not much given to overwhelming favorites, but I'll at least try to limit it to one per artist, and give a representative selection of my musical tastes. (Although I wouldn't want to speculate what pop psychology would say about me for the following...)

  1. "Time Stand Still" - Rush
  2. "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" - Blue Öyster Cult
  3. "Crazy Train" - Ozzy Osbourne
  4. "Good Times Bad Times" - Led Zeppelin
  5. "Summer of '69" - Bryan Adams (my mobile ringtone for calls from DH)
  6. "Whiskey In the Jar" (A fun staple in Irish pubs. I especially like the Wyndbreakers and Clancy Brothers renditions, but dislike the Metallica version.)
  7. "French Perfume" - Great Big Sea (Sounds traditional, but it's not quite.)


I could have done this any number of ways, and it took some thought to settle on my Rush and GBS inputs. I couldn't nail down a particular classical piece to put in, and it really would have been just too weird to have, say, "Salve Regina" up there with Ozzy or BÖC...

As for the tag, I'll defer to my usual - if you want to play along, consider yourself tagged!

No comments: