A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Friday, March 24, 2006

RealJukebox hero...

I've seen this on a few blogs and thought I'd play along.
Instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.
How does the world see you? : "Walk This Way" - Aerosmith
Ah, society trying to lead me along, I see...

Will I have a happy life? : "Livin' On the Edge" - Aerosmith
If that edge is the wallwalk of a castle, I'll take that as a yes..

What do my friends really think of me? : "Double Agent" - Rush
"So many decisions, a million revisions/ Caught between darkness and light."

What do people secretly think of me? : "Drunken Lullabies" - Flogging Molly
Must be that Guinness comment I posted on St. Paddy's Day...

How can I make myself happy? : "Whiskey in the Jar" - Dubliners
Maybe that's where all the drunken lullabies come from...

What should I do with my life? : "Jump" - Van Halen
When I'm "Livin' On the Edge"? I think this meme is trying to kill me!

Will I ever have children? : "Cod Liver Oil" - Great Big Sea
Cod liver oil...fertility enhancer, or aphrodisiac?

What is some good advice for me? : "Livin' On a Prayer" - Bon Jovi
Good advice for anyone!

How will I be remembered? : "Concerning Charlie Horse" - Great Big Sea
They're going to fish my carcass out of an iced-over pond and then get drunk and sing about me. Great!

What is my signature dancing song? : "The Time Warp" - RHPS soundtrack
I remember....doing the time warp...

What do I think my current theme song is? : "Surrender" - Cheap Trick
Perhaps this goes with "Living On a Prayer"..

What does everyone else think my current theme song is? : "Sister Christian" - Night Ranger

What song will play at my funeral? : A bagpipe track...
Seriously, that is what came up! Must be after they fetch my carcass out of that pond...

What type of men/women do you like? : "Star of the County Down" - Purest Green
I assume it'd be guys with nut-brown hair, not the guy sitting around doing nothing until he wins the girl...

What is my day going to be like? : "Deuces are Wild" - Aerosmith
So if I play my cards right...

Interesting, if at times nonsensical. I guess what it really tells me is that I have somewhat eclectic musical tastes. Or that I don't have enough tracks in my RealJukebox.
Update: Actually, what this tells me is that the shuffle algorithm for RealJukebox isn't very robust. 200 tracks, and it pulls 3 of the 8 Aerosmith tracks. And 40 Great Big Sea tracks across 8 albums, and it pulls only two - off the same album. But at least it didn't pull "Baby Got Back"...

No comments: