A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006

Happy New Year, dear readers!
The family just got back from spending a few days with my ILs in South Georgia. It was a fairly relaxing and pleasantly uneventful trip. There was, to DD's disappointment, no snow to be seen, but that was no surprise. It was in the 60's during the day most of the time, making it only slightly cooler than here. It has been rather unseasonably warm, and hasn't felt much like a Christmas season. I'll give a more complete report on the entire holidays later, but it being the first day of 2006, it's time to look back at my previous goals and make some new ones!
2005 Goals
  • Finish Last Supper
    Completed this on October 8, and got it back from the framer the first weekend of November! It's proudly hanging on the wall in my living room, and DH likes to brag on it to people. Definitely an heirloom piece!
  • Average one book/month
    I not only completed this one, but I blew it out of the water by reading not 12, but 16 books this year:
    David Weber, Service of the Sword
    Anita Diamant, The Red Tent
    Sarah Zettel, The Usurper's Crown
    C.S. Lewis, Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, That Hideous Strength
    Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, Good Omens
    Sharon Kay Penman, Time and Chance
    Sarah Zettel, The Firebird's Vengeance
    Ken Follett, Pillars of the Earth
    J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    Susan Dexter, The Wizard's Shadow
    Sandra Worth, Rose of York: Love and War
    Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
    Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum
    Anne Rice, Christ The King: Out of Egypt

    I've started Evangeline Walton's Mabinogion Tetralogy (a 4-in-1 edition), but since I'm only two chapters in, that will count on 2006.
  • Get below 30% bodyfat
    Last time I had a weigh and measure at Curves in October, this was at 45%. Until I get by this week, I won't know how close I came, or how far I have to go for the 2006 goal.
  • Finish family website
    I've done nothing on this. Zilch. Nada. Bupkus. Definitely one to carry over to next year.
  • Clean out house
    I didn't complete The Great Decluttering, but I made it to 91% before we left for Georgia. That'll get an A in most classes, but I'll carry it over to 2006 as stands.

    So....on to 2006!
    2006 Goals!
  • Average one book/month
  • Finish Great Decluttering (currently 91%)
  • Finish parish website conversion (let's call it 50%)
  • Finish family website (still 15%)
  • Get below 28% bodyfat

    So there you have it. New goals for the new year!
    I'm also starting off the new year with a new project: Mirabilia's Madonna of the Garden. In the Catholic Church, January 1 is the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God, so it seemed a very appropriate day to start the piece. I'm doing a few color changes (changing the green blanket to purple, for one), and will be using Sugar Maple Fabric's "Shimmering Hillside" in 32ct Lugana. I'm pretty excited. But since it's 9pm right now, I'd better get started!

    Happy New Year!
  • No comments: