A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Time flies like an arrow...

..raise your hand if you mentally added "Fruit flies like a banana"...

Less than two months until the new year, so I should check up on my goals for 2005.

  • Finish Last Supper
    Done, and many of my regular readers joined me in happy dancing upon its completion. And it may be back from the framer this weekend! This was, in my mind, the most critical goal for 2005.
  • Get below 30% body fat
    45% at my last weigh-in in September. Considering that all of that progress was made since the end of June, I might be able to make this. Maybe. We'll see what my next weigh-in says.
  • Average 1 book a month
    Done! Weeding back through blog entries, I've read:
    David Weber, Service of the Sword
    Anita Diamant, The Red Tent
    Sarah Zettel, The Usurper's Crown
    C.S. Lewis, Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, That Hideous Strength
    Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, Good Omens
    Sharon Kay Penman, Time and Chance
    Sarah Zettel, The Firebird's Vengeance
    Ken Follett, Pillars of the Earth
    J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    Susan Dexter, The Wizard's Shadow

    I've started Sandra Worth's Rose of York: Love & War, and I just got a much-sought-after copy of Guy Paget's The Rose of Raby. So there may be one or two more before the end of the year...
  • Finish family website
    15%. Same place it was January 1. In March I took over the parish website, and have slowly been whipping that into shape, so I have been doing a lot of web work. Just not on this. I've resigned myself to not making this one, although I do hope to at least get the basic layout done, so I don't have broken links lying around.
  • Clean out house
    60%. This one is the highest-priority unfinished goal. I have an itemized task list, complete with assigned percentages, to make this a less daunting proposition. However, with only two months left in the year, I need to pick up the pace. There are two great bastions of entropy that still need to be tackled, and soon, lest the forces of chaos overwhelm work already completed! That, and once DsD goes off to Basic in January (hooah!) I'll be taking over the routine housework so I really need to have the Great Cleaning done before then!
  • No comments: