A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

(Further) Proof that Belinda is Insane

So I had the bright idea of crocheting a veil for DD's First Communion, which will be in, oh, about 18 months. I couldn't find a pattern online, but I did find a nice motif in Leisure Arts "Pretty Tops in Thread" to use. And I didn't want it to be too heavy, so I'm using DMC Cebelia #30 with a size 6 steel hook.

So far the results are pretty, but this is easily the most delicate work I've ever done. Witness my work so far:
Veil WIP
I've included a US 25c and a 1€ piece for scale comparison. This is two motifs joined together. I don't know yet how many it will take - I'm making it up as I go!

No comments: