A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Back to the grind...

Thursday, and it's back to the daily grind. We arrived home around 9:30 last night, although to our bodies it was about 3:30 am! We were all wide awake this morning, though, which is the good thing about going west.

It's only 7pm, and I'm already dragging. This is the bad thing about going west.

The trip was wonderful! We had plenty of good food and good beer. We did a lot of walking (which hopefully will counteracts the effects of the food and beer...). And I brought home some good chocolate, most of it dark. I did find myself idly wondering how much chocolate I could bring home before US Customs had fits, but didn't act on those wonderings. (Apparently in general, one can bring home about $800 worth of goods duty-free per person. So we could have, if so inclined, brought back over $3000 worth of wonderful European chocolate. Such is the stuff of dreams....)

I'll write more about my trip later. Right now I have 4 suitcases to unpack, and a large bin of mail to go through, so I'd best get back to it.

No comments: