A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Death and taxes...

According to a quiz I found on a blog from the Wack,

I am going to die at 77. When are you? Click here to find out!

Cool - I have 4 decades to go!

However, I have a far shorter time in which to get taxes done. The necessary paperwork started trickling in today. (DsD has been nagging about getting it done because she needs data for financial aid planning, but we can't get it done before we have all the papers...)

We've always done our own taxes, and the past 5 years or so we've used TaxAct to do so. One of the features I like is that it imports data from previous years, such as employers, SSNs, and so forth. It also presents a lot in a Q&A format, and even does a comparison for married-filing-jointly vs. married-filing-separately. Nice. Not sure where DH first heard about it, but I'm glad he did.

Now if only the rest of the paperwork would get here....

No comments: