A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Wonderful Wednesday...

Today has been a good day. At work, a patch I was working on has passed testing. My work on it is pretty much done - it was on a subsystem I am not very familiar with, for a customer that has historically been somewhat less than cooperative, on a tight schedule. But I did it. I'm proud of myself, but mostly I am just extremely relieved that it's over. And Monday I get to start on a new project - I don't know yet what I'll be doing, but I am looking forward to it.

Having this one project over with lifts a great burden off my mind. I am not as good as I should be about leaving thoughts of work at the office...

I got home to find a package from my secret stitcher - with *six* beaded ornament kits in it! I am speechless...and spoiled! (Thank you again, Midnight!) I don't do small projects very much, but with these kits so I can get in the occasional quick finish.

And to top off the day, a two-hour Mythbusters comes on in a bit. A wondering friend tells me that her local needlework shop was visited by the Mythbusters, and will be seen in this episode.

Mythbusters and stitching... tonight will be very nice.

No comments: