A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, August 23, 2004

A serious case of Monday

If by some bizarre neural misfire I were unable to read a calendar, I would still know today is Monday. And it has been a doozy.

It's my blog and I can whine if I want to...

Today was bloodmobile day at work....and I got deferred due to low iron. Despite having eaten well and taken iron supplements all last week precisely to avoid such an outcome...

I had to leave work early to meet a repairman for water filter maintenance. I arrived home to find a message on the answering machine - he couldn't make it today and had to reschedule...

Add to that 3" of rain in the span of an hour, which flooded my back porch and forced yet another pool drainage...

Still, I got home safely after picking up DD, and even managed to fit in a workout since the repairman bailed. So I suppose it wasn't an extreme case of Monday.

The weekend was relaxing. We gamed on Saturday - DH is running a Dark Ages Call of Cthulhu campaign - the party are all members of an obscure monastic order tasked with removing evil artifacts, tomes, and critters from the world. Preferably without losing too many sanity points along the way. And since all my chores were done on Friday, I was able to stitch for a bit on Sunday, and may actually finish something this week.

And if today was the worst this week could throw at me, all will indeed be well.

No comments: