A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

It's raining it's pouring

I hear the raging of a thunderstorm outside - the rapid percussion of a torrential rain and the low rumble of thunder. Weather.com has issued an urban and small stream flood advisory, and estimates rainfalls of 1-2 inches per hour.

In short, all the rain I was expecting Charley to give us. The good news is that I won't need to add water to my pool. I had drained it down a bit in expectation of heavy rain from Charley and we got virtually nothing. So at least all that rain has somewhere to go.

I just hope this storm passes before I leave work - I've gotten used to the tropical torrents we get down here, but I rather dislike having to drive in them.

I haven't been to Curves yet this week, but was planning to go tonight. And afterward I'll go home and stitch for a bit.

And now for the Stitcher's QotW!
If you were to stitch something to be passed on to future generations of your family as an heirloom, what would it be and why?
Well, I would like to think that much of what I have stitched is of heirloom quality, but so far I have completed two pieces that are definitely intended to be passed down to DD: Teresa Wentzler's Birth Announcement and Victoria Sampler's Heirloom Wedding Sampler. My girls will certainly be given most of my stitching at some point, but those are the two that come foremost to mind as heirlooms.

I have seen samplers for family trees and such. Perhaps someday I'll do one of them for a legacy.


The power is starting to flicker here (good thing my PC is on an UPS!) so I'll post and go....

No comments: