A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, August 02, 2004

Found and lost...

Well, I'm back from Ottawa, which I found to be a lovely city. I was planning on writing about my trip (which I will get to, I promise), but I got some news that trumps my trip report.

My friend Stacey's son, 4-year-old David Tippen, is missing.

For those of you who read other stitcher's blogs, you probably already know about this. But I also know that some of you are friends from other facets of my life, which is why I'm doing echoing other postings. And those of you in the Atlanta area may have heard about this on the news. In any case, Stacey and her family could certainly use your prayers for David's safe return. And open eyes, for those of you in or near Atlanta.

I can't even begin to imagine what she's going through right now. When my stepson ran away back in May, I went through hell - but the odds were heavily in his favor for his safe recovery. There's a world of difference between a missing teenage boy, and a missing preschooler...

No comments: