A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Cannonball!!

Ugh. Currently 91F, feels like 102. I never will be used to this heat. On days like these, I prefer to stay indoors, in climate-controlled comfort.

DD, on the other hand, prefers to cool down by going swimming. And she's quite proficient at it - just this week she's gotten confident enough to swim the length of the pool by herself, mostly underwater. It's well above her head at the deep end, so I am proud of her. I, on the other hand, am a rather poor swimmer, and am not comfortable being in water over my head. And forget about underwater swimming. Obviously DD takes after her daddy when it comes to water.

So this weekend was mostly spent watching DD do cannonballs into the pool or swim like a dolphin. I got a little bit of reading in, and a little stitching. We also rented Spider-Man, which was a rather good movie. All in all, a fairly restful long weekend.

I even did some swimming - but no cannonballs.

No comments: