A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Thursday, June 17, 2004

The case of the misplaced chocolate

Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. ~Sandra Boynton (from quotegarden.com)


A few weeks ago, I bought some chocolate at the airport in Rome. Much of the chocolate was a mixed-bag of small pieces, which have since been given to friends at work. But I also bought three larger bars - one white, two dark chocolate (72%). Very good stuff, the dark.

However, I seem to have misplaced those bars (oh, the tragedy!). I've turned my office inside out, and while I have not yet done the same to my house, I have yet to recover them. And DH has been asking about them as well. *sigh*

Some of you may be wondering why I don't just buy other chocolate. Well, it wouldn't be the same, you see. European chocolate rocks. American chocolate just sucks. I used to love Hershey's, but not anymore. Hersheys kisses will do in a pinch, preferably their Limited Edition dark chocolate ones, but they're not my chocolate of choice. Sort of like eating stale bread when you want a loaf fresh from the oven. The only domestic chocolate I've really had a taste for the past few years is Dove, and even then only the dark chocolate ones. (And skip the cheesy sayings, please...although I did get one that said "Who needs therapy when you have chocolate?"). And we won't even get into the cheapo candy that comes out around Easter. Palmers? Now you're going from stale bread to moldy!

But back to European chocolate. While in Italy I had a bar of 85% chocolate. That was wonderful! A little too plain for DD's tastes, but that just means more for me ;) I wish I'd seen some of the 85% bars in the airport.

Although that doesn't matter at the moment because I can't find my chocolate in the first place....*sigh*

No comments: