A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Gimme five! (Stitcher's Five, that is!)

Stitchers Five - Favorite Themes

1. What is your favourite theme to stitch (i.e. primitive, fantasy, samplers, etc)

Generally, the designs that catch my eye tend toward fantasy or Celtic. Though samplers with specialty stitches are putting in more of an appearance than before. I don't like primitives at all, and never have. I don't particularly care for overly-cutesy patterns either. (Precious Moments - *gag*)

2. Has this always been your favourite theme (i.e as your tastes change)?

Depends on how far back you go. In my early teens, I collected cat patterns. Just about any cat pattern I could get my hands on. Late teens I didn't really stitch at all, and early 20s I rediscovered stitching *and* discovered several of Teresa Wentzler's dragons. So I went through a any-dragon-pattern phase. Now I'm a little pickier about my dragons, though TW is still top of my list.

3. How many WIPs/UFOS do you have currently in this theme?

Surprisingly enough, just one. TW's Fortunate Traveler.

4. And how many finished?

You mean I actually have to *think* over my lunch hour?? ;) Um, lessee...*mentally walks around her house*...five. TW's Castle, Fantasy Sampler, Castle Sampler, and Lady of Shallot; Charland Design's Tywyn Sampler (which has a Welsh dragon on it).

5. Name three favourite designs in your overall favourite theme.

I can only pick 3, huh?
TW - Castle (first TW I ever finished, made the dragon rather lovely with sparkling fibers)
TW - Fortunate Traveler
TW - Storyteller (since I have to limit myself to 3....)


Unfortunately I didn't get to stitch last night. Was out until 8pm running errands getting ready for DD's birthday party next month. Watched a little bit of hockey (double-OT Boston-Montreal game, and watched Nashville shut out Detroit). Tonight should be more relaxing. (I know, I know, I keep saying that).
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
As you wish.

No comments: